This task allows the telecollaborative partners to present a building of their country in a documented slide show.
Institution reporting the task:
Language of task instructions:
References and acknowledgements:
Language(s) that the task can be used in:
Dominant language production:
|Online communication skills|
Specific pedagogical objectives:
Development of students interest in cultural similarities and differences
Suggested Communication Tools:
|Voice recording tools|
– Create a closed forum (Moodle type)
– Form pairs of collaborative partners of the same country
Stage 2 (research):
– Ask the pairs to write a short text including the following information of a building in their partners’ country they know:
The name of the building / in which city is the building? / who built it? / its construction dates / a description in one sentence / how they knew about the building?
– The telecollaborative partners can comment on the partners’ assertions and choices in the forum
Stage 3 (production):
With the goal to have every pair realize a commented oral slide show (with Voicethread):
– Ask the pairs to look for pictures or take pictures themselves depending on the building they chose.
– Every pair needs to choose one or more pictures highlighting each of the following information:
In which city is this building?
Who built it?
Its dates of construction
A brief description
How did they know about this building?
Do people visit this buildin? If yes by what kind of people?
– The slide show needs to last 1:30 – 2:00 minutes
The instructors assist the pairs from a linguistic and technical point of view before the publication of the slide show
– Ask the partners to post the link to their product on Voicethread in the forum
Encourage the telecollaborative partners to comment on the presentations of their partners in a written or an oral form (on Voicethread):
The comments can refer to the visual, personal etc. elements
Stage 5(wrap-up in class:
Feedback on the accomplishment of the task instructions, on the appropriateness of the photos and the comments, on the structure of the slide show, and on the differences or similarities between the buildings of the two countries
Document related to the task:
Criteria for Completion:
The participants could create a commented slide show of a building in their partners’ country. This informative slide show presents the building and indicates precise characteristics. They asked questions or made remarks through comments.
Comments and suggestions:
Le français en Première Ligne (2010-2011) Grenoble-Curitiba. Cours particuliers pour Ana Cristina (Tâche 3 « On parle d’un monument ! »)